Saturday, March 26, 2011

Week 4: Recipe #2--Crockpot Cajun Chicken Pasta

I got this recipe from my friend, Nicole.  I love a good crockpot recipe, and this one doesn't disappoint.  It's also super easy to prepare and has a short list of ingredients.  I was worried it would be a bit too spicy for Lily, but it wasn't--she loved it.  I served this with a green salad and bread.

You'll Need:

  • 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 16 oz. jar of Alfredo sauce (I could only find a 15 oz jar, but it worked)
  • 1 cup chicken broth (Nicole said she uses way less than 1 cup because she likes the sauce to be thicker; I tried 1/2 cup instead; will probably try 1/4 cup next time as it was still a little runny)
  • 4 tsp. Cajun Seasonings
  • 1 lb. bow tie pasta (I used whatever pasta I had on hand, which was penne)
  • 1 cup diced red peppers (I just chopped up one red bell pepper...close enough.  Also, Nicole leaves these out, still tasty.)

Preparation:

  1. In the slow cooker mix chicken, pasta sauce, broth, seasonings, and peppers.  Cook on high 3-4 hours.
  2. Make pasta according to directions and top with the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment