Monday, March 7, 2011

Week 1: Recipe #1--Deep Dish Taco

Deep Dish Taco:  This is a recipe that I got from one of my old college roommates.  It is one that I always go back to because it is soooo good.  I find that if I chop up the onion, bell pepper, and tomato the night before, it's pretty quick to prepare when I get home from work.  The only downside to preparing this dish is that you dirty a lot of bowls/utensils--more cleanup.  But it is definitely worth it!

Preheat oven to 375.  Brown 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef and add:

  • 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 3 tsp. chili powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp. oregano
  • 1 1/2 cup chopped onion (I usually chop up one medium onion)
  • 1 can chopped olives
In a separate bowl, mix together:

  • 1 1/2 cups sour cream
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip!)
Chop:

  • small bell pepper
  • medium tomato

In another bowl, mix:

  • 3 cups Bisquick
  • 3/4 cup water
Line a 9 x 13 casserole dish with the Bisquick mix, then in put the meat mixture.  Next, spread the chopped mixture over top (the bell pepper and tomato).  Finally, spread the sour cream mixture over everything.  Bake for 25-30 minutes.  I usually serve this with corn and a green salad.


Leave me a comment to let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

2 comments: