Monday, March 7, 2011

Week 1: Recipe #3--Crockpot Italian Chicken

Crockpot Italian Chicken:  I found this one on a blog I follow (see link below).  I love crockpot recipes because when I get home from work, the house smells great and I hardly have to do a thing.  I served this over rice, with sides of applesauce and green beans.

Melt 1 stick of butter (you could use less) in the microwave.  In a crockpot, mix the butter with one packet of Good Seasons Italian seasoning (found in the salad dressing aisle) and 4-5 chicken breasts.  Cook on low 4-6 hours.  Shred or cube the chicken and return to crockpot.  Melt in the 8 oz of cream cheese and 1 can of cream of chicken soup until smooth.  Serve over rice or egg noodles.

On Our Dinner Table blog:  http://www.onourdinnertable.blogspot.com/



2 comments:

  1. I love crockpot recipes but its hard to do many of them on the weekdays because 4-6 hours before dinner I am still at work. Can I request some 8-10 hour crockpot recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, Nicole. Thanks for the feedback! I've already started searching!

    ReplyDelete