Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Week 2: Recipe #1--Spaghetti Pie

I'm not sure where I got this recipe from, but I've had it on a recipe card for a while.  Decided to try it out tonight and it was pretty good.  No gourmet meal by any means, but it was simple to make, took hardly any time at all, and changed things up from regular spaghetti and meatballs.  I served this with a green salad.

You'll need:
1 lb lean ground beef (brown and drain, set aside)


12 oz. lite cream cheese
6 Tbsp low fat cottage cheese     (mix these 3 ingredients together in a bowl)
3/4 cup lite sour cream

8 oz angel hair pasta (cook as directed on packaging)


1 jar spaghetti sauce  (I used Paul Newman's Sockarooni)


1/2 to 1 cup Mozzarella cheese (I used Tilamook shredded mozzarella, 1/2 a bag)

Spread the cream cheese mixture in 9x13 inch pan.  Put browned ground beef on top of cheese mixture. Drain noodles and place on top of meat. Cover all with spaghetti sauce and top with mozzarella. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.  


**You can also make this meal in advance the night before and refrigerate.  If you are taking it from the fridge to the oven, bake for 60 minutes vs. 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment