Monday, March 7, 2011

Week 1: Recipe #4--Fancy Macaroni

Fancy Macaroni:  This recipe seemed very intimidating to me when I first saw it.  It took me months to work up the courage to try it, and it was delicious.  More importantly, it was not as time-consuming and difficult as I had feared.   It is from the Pioneer Woman--Ree Drummond website (see link below).  I made a few changes.  I cheated and used the fully-cooked bacon and just microwaved it for 20 seconds.  We had it on hand, and it was much less time and mess.  That also means I did not add the tablespoon of reserved bacon grease; tasted fine without it.  Having the bacon and onion previously chopped and ready  made things go more smoothly as well.  When I make this recipe the next time, I'm thinking of adding some sun-dried tomatoes.  I served this with a green salad.




No comments:

Post a Comment