Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Week 3: Recipe #3--Orange Teriyaki Beef with Noodles

I tried this recipe tonight for the first time.  I had a recipe for this that I found online earlier this week, but I forgot to bookmark it, and now I can't find it.  I found this one instead from Betty Crocker (see link below), and it had pretty much the same ingredients (which I needed, as I had already gone grocery shopping for the week).  It was pretty good, although Lily wasn't fond of the snap peas or the beef.  She did eat some noodles, though!  My husband and I liked it, and it was super easy to make.  Very fast!

You'll Need:

  • 1 pound boneless beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
  • 1 can beef broth
  • 1/4 cup teriyaki stir-fry sauce
  • 2 Tblsp. orange marmalade (I didn't really measure and kind of scooped two large tablespoons--too sweet.  Next time I'll stick to two and that should be better.)
  • Dash of ground red pepper (cayenne)
  • 1 1/2 cups snap pea pods
  • 1 1/2 cups fine egg noodles (I used wide because that's what we had--turned out fine.)
  1. Spray a 12-inch skillet (I used a 10-inch skillet, worked out just fine) with cooking spray.  Heat on medium-high and add beef.  Cook about 2-4 minutes on each side, until beef is brown.  Remove beef from skillet and set aside.  Keep warm.  (I just set it on a plate, the rest takes less than 10 minutes, so it seemed pointless to find a way to keep it warm.  It's going back in the skillet anyway.)
  2. Add broth, stir-fry sauce, marmalade, and pepper to the skillet.  Heat to boiling.  Stir in snap pea pods and noodles and reduce heat to medium.  Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, or until noodles are tender.
  3. Stir in beef.  Cook uncovered for 2-3 minutes, or until sauce is slightly thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment