Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Week 3: Recipe #2--Macaroni and Cheese

This is a recipe that I got from one of my college roommates and is my favorite macaroni and cheese to make.  It's quick, extremely easy, and very tasty.  My daughter loves it too, so that's a plus.  It's also great because you can make it the night before and keep it in the refrigerator until you're ready to bake it.  I usually double it if I am making it for more than 6 people.  I serve this with bread and either a green salad or a side of vegetables.

You'll Need:

  • 7 oz. elbow macaroni
  • 8 oz.  sour cream
  • 16 oz. cottage cheese
  • 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 egg
  • paprika
Preparation:  

  1. Preheat the oven to 350.
  2. Cook the macaroni as directed on the package.  Drain.
  3. In a large bowl combine all ingredients except for paprika.
  4. Transfer to a 11 x 7 inch baking dish* and sprinkle with paprika.  (Sometimes I save some of the cheese to sprinkle on top.)  Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.  May take longer if you've refrigerated it first.
*If doubling recipe, use a 9 x 13 dish instead.

1 comment: