Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Week 7: Recipe #3--Chicken Pot Pie

I wanted to try this recipe because it contains lots of vegetables, more so than other pot pies I've seen.  I found it on parents.com (where the majority of this week's recipes originated).  It did involve a lot of vegetable chopping; however, if I would have prepped them the night before, the actual dinner-making would have taken much less time.  I had also never used phyllo dough, so of course didn't thaw it out prior to coming home from work.  Luckily it was pliable enough to use by the time the pie was ready to go into the oven.  It seemed to bake up just fine.  The pot pie came out to be a little runny, but it was tasty and firmed up in the fridge for leftovers.
Photo from parents.com

Here's the recipe and link:  http://www.parents.com/recipes/cooking/kid-friendly-food/kid-friendly-casserole-recipes/?page=6

No comments:

Post a Comment