Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week 5: Recipe #2--Spinach Souffle

I got this recipe from my friend, Valerie.  It's tasty, and it's a great way to get Lily to eat spinach.  Plus, it's SUPER easy to make.  You just have to remember to thaw the spinach first, and it needs one hour to bake.  I serve this with fruit.

You'll Need:

  • 1 small carton of cottage cheese
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 4 Tblsp. butter
  • 1 pkg. frozen, chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
  • 3 Tblsp. flour
  • 1/2 pound american cheese, cubed (I use Tillamook Medium Cheddar)
Preparation:

  1. Preheat the oven for 350 degrees.
  2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.  Put in a greased casserole dish.
  3. Bake for 1 hour.

1 comment:

  1. I always hated eggs and spinach but I always ate this like gang busters when we were growing up!

    ReplyDelete