Saturday, February 25, 2012

Week 28: Recipe #4--Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole

I found this recipe on a site called Plain Chicken (see link below).  It's pretty easy to make, and the kids both loved it.  I used whole wheat spaghetti, but other than that I stuck to the recipe.  It took a little longer to make than I prefer for a non-weekend meal, but if I would've had the chicken cooked ahead of time it would've gone much faster.  I served this with a green salad and a side of green beans.  Makes 6-8 servings.
Photo from www.plainchicken.com
You'll Need:
  • 8 oz. spaghetti, cooked
  • 2 c. cooked chicken, diced
  • 1 can (10 oz.) cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted OR cream of chicken and herbs
  • 2 Tblsp. butter
  • 1/3 c. milk
  • 1/2 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
  • 1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
Preparation:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine all ingredients, except for the parmesan cheese.  Mix well and put into a 2-quart casserole dish.  
  3. Top with parmesan cheese.  Bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment