Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week 28: Recipe #1--Crockpot Beef Stroganoff

I already have a beef stroganoff recipe that is super quick and easy to make that our whole family loves (Easy Stroganoff), but I thought I would give this one a try.  I found it on a blog called The Crockstar (see link below).  It seemed very different, and I love to try out new crockpot recipes.  It is REALLY good.  Completely different than the other recipe that I make, but just as tasty.  Plus it's made with stew meat vs. ground beef, which makes it seem fancier.  It's really easy to make, and the house smells wonderful whenever you step inside.  (In all honesty, I purposefully found reasons to go outside just to come back in a take a sniff...yum.)  I served it over egg noodles with a side of veggies.  Makes 8 servings.  The site I got this recipe from didn't have a finished product picture, and I forgot to take one....but it looked great!
Photo from The Crockstar
You'll Need:
  • 2 lbs. cubed stew meat
  • 2 cans condensed golden mushroom soup
  • 1 largish onion, diced (I'm not sure why there are two onions in the picture, but one was plenty)
  • 2-4 Tblsp. worcestershire sauce, depending on preference (I used 10 tsp, so a little more than 3 Tblsp.)
  • 1/2 c. water
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • couple dashes of garlic salt (I used garlic powder)
  • couple dashes of hot paprika (I used smoked paprika; it's what I had on hand)
Preparation:
  1. In the slow cooker stir in all the ingredients, except the meat and cream cheese.  Once combined, add the meat and mix together.
  2. Cook on low for 8 hours.  Cut up the cream cheese into cubes just before serving and turn crockpot on high.  Stir the cream cheese in until all combined.  You might have to put the lid back on and leave it for 10 minutes.
  3. Serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
Recipe and link:  http://thecrockstar.blogspot.com/2009/01/absolute-best-crockpot-beef-stroganoff.html

No comments:

Post a Comment