Saturday, March 3, 2012

Week 28: Recipe #5--Tuscan Pasta with Tomato-Basil Cream

I found this recipe on Pinterest.  It comes from www.myrecipes.com (see link below).  It was pretty simple to make.  The girls love any kind of pasta, so it was a hit with them.  I thought maybe Lily might be tricked into eating a tomato or two, but she ate around them.  The only problem I had making this was that I couldn't find sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce, so I bought regular Alfredo sauce and mixed it with sun-dried tomatoes.  It turned out okay, but I'd still like to try it the original way.  I also used dried basil vs. fresh because it's what I had on-hand.  I served this with a green salad and green beans.  Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Photo from www.myrecipes.com
You'll Need:
  • 1 pkg. (20 oz.) refrigerated four cheese ravioli (I used three-cheese tortellini instead)
  • 1 jar (16 oz.) sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce
  • 2 Tblsp. white wine
  • 2 medium-sized fresh tomatoes, chopped
  • 1/2 c. fresh basil, chopped
  • 1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese (I skipped this, and it tasted fine without)
  • optional garnish:  fresh basil strips
Preparation:
  1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
  2. Meanwhile, pour Alfredo sauce into a medium saucepan.  Pour wine into sauce jar; cover tightly and shake well.  Stir wine mixture into saucepan.  Stir in chopped tomatoes and 1/2 cup chopped basil, and cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.  Toss with pasta, and top evenly with 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese.  Garnish, if desired.
Recipe and link:  http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/tuscan-pasta-with-tomato-basil-cream-10000001646355/

No comments:

Post a Comment