Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week 26: Recipe #2--Slowcooker Pork Chops

These, by far, are the BEST pork chops I have ever made.  Every time I try to make them in a pan, they get WAY too dry.  They came out perfectly tender in this recipe, plus it literally took me less than 5 minutes to throw them in the crockpot.  So easy.  I found this on Pinterest, but it came from Six Sisters Stuff (see link below), and I think they found it on a site called Eat Cake for Dinner.  Wherever it came from, it is definitely a keeper!  The only thing I would say is don't add salt.  It comes out salty enough, almost a bit too salty.  I might try using less of the chicken broth next time, or possibly low-sodium chicken broth.  I served this over brown rice with green beans and a salad.  Makes 4-6 servings.
Photo from sixsistersstuff.com
You'll Need:
  • 4 thick-cut pork chops, bone in or boneless (I used boneless)
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 pkg. dry ranch dressing mix
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 c. white wine (or broth)
  • 1/2 c. chicken broth 
  • pepper
Preparation:
  1. Combine soup, dressing mix, garlic, broth, and wine.  Sprinkle chops with pepper (no salt!).  Place chops in slow cooker and pour soup mixture over top.  
  2. Cover and cook on high 4 hours or low 6-7 hours.  Serve over rice.  
Recipe and link:  http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/06/slowcooker-pork-chops.html

1 comment:

  1. I make a recipe almost exactly like this but with chicken, since I don't eat pig. Anyhoo - I think the ranch packet adds a lot to the saltiness. I think next time I might only put in half a packet.

    ReplyDelete