Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Week 21: Recipe #3--Mummy Meatloaf

I found this recipe on the Disney Family website (see link below).  I tried something like this on my own last year, but I think this will work better, as long as I can shape mine as well as the picture....
I'll serve this with green beans and potatoes.
Photo from Disney Family Fun website
You'll Need:
Preparation:
  1. Make your favorite meatloaf recipe and shape the loaf to resemble a mummy's body with crossed arms.  Bake the loaf until it's cooked through.
  2. Let it rest about 3 minutes, then lay 1-inch wide strips of American cheese across the body as shown, leaving a narrow space on the head for the olive slice eyes.  Trim any overhanging cheese with scissors and return the mummy to the still-warm oven to slightly melt the cheese, about 1 minute.
Recipe and link:  http://familyfun.go.com/halloween/halloween-recipes/halloween-dinners/mummy-meatloaf-929692/

3 comments:

  1. I want to see pictures of how yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this last year, and didn't take a picture. It was a slightly different recipe, and it didn't turn out quite like a mummy. I think this one looks easier, but we'll see. I'll post one when I make it...if it doesn't look too horrible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, I just posted a picture of my Scary Skillet Shepherd's Pie on that posting. Not as pretty as the website picture, but not bad!

    ReplyDelete