Saturday, September 17, 2011

Week 18: Recipe #2--Sweet Chicken Kabobs

I found this recipe from the Kraft Foods website (see link below) but, because of my lack of preparation, was forced to change it around a bit.  I had taken the chicken out to thaw the morning before I went to work (should've had that done sooner).  My husband wasn't working that day so I called him to cut up the thawed chicken and, not having the recipe in front of me, told him to marinate the chicken in BBQ sauce.  When I got home and we were ready to put them on skewers for the grill, we realized we had no more wooden skewers.  So into the skillet the chicken went, along with the peppers and pineapple.  I mixed some more BBQ sauce with the orange juice concentrate and threw that in the skillet as well.  Then I made some brown rice.  So what I made didn't quite look like this picture, but I think it turned out pretty tasty anyway!  I served this with applesauce and a green salad.  Makes 4 servings.
Photo from kraftrecipes.com
You'll Need:
  • 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
  • 2 c. fresh pineapple chunks (1 1/2-inch)
  • 1 each red and green bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
  • 1/2 c. favorite BBQ sauce
  • 3 Tblsp. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
Preparation:
  1. Heat grill to med-high heat.
  2. Thread chicken alternately with pineapple and peppers onto 8 long wooden skewers, using 2 skewers placed side-by-side for each kabob.
  3. Mix barbecue sauce and juice concentrate; brush half evenly onto kabobs.
  4. Grill 8 to 10 min. or until chicken is done, turning and brushing occasionally with remaining sauce.
***Note:  Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes before using.  Wrap ends with foil before grilling to prevent them from burning.  If using metal skewers, use just 1 metal skewer when assembling each kabob.

No comments:

Post a Comment