Saturday, September 10, 2011

Week 17: Recipe #4--Slow-Cooker Lasagna

Love using my crockpot, especially on those really hot days in a house with no air-conditioning.  This is a surprisingly easy and really good lasagna recipe.  It tasted like I spent more time on it than I really did. I especially liked not having to cook the lasagna noodles, as I always seem to make that process more trouble than it should be. This recipe is from Kraft Foods (see link below).  I served this with a green salad and fruit.  Makes 8 servings.
Photo from kraftrecipes.com
You'll Need:
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce (I used a sauce with garlic in it, since I love garlic and this lasagna didn't include any in the recipe)
  • 1 c. water
  • 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
  • 1 pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
  • 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese, divided
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Tblsp. chopped fresh parsley (I used dried from the spice rack)
  • 6 lasagna noodles, uncooked
Preparation:
  1. Brown meat in large skillet; drain.  Stir in spaghetti sauce and water.
  2. In a separate bowl, mix ricotta, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, 2 tablespoons parmesan, the egg, and the parsley.
  3. Spoon 1 cup meat sauce into slow cooker, top with layers of half each of the noodles (broken to fit) and cheese mixture.  Cover with 2 cups meat sauce.  Top with remaining noodles, cheese mixture, and meat sauce.  Cover with lid.
  4. Cook on LOW heat for 4 to 6 hours or until liquid is absorbed.  Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; let stand, covered, 10 minutes or until melted.
Recipe and link:  http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/slow-cooker-lasagna-114123.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment