Saturday, September 17, 2011

Week 18: Recipe #1--Quick-Fix Beef Burrito Skillet

Disclaimer:  I did not actually try this recipe.  However, while my mom, sister, and I went out for dinner and a movie, I did make it for my husband and brother-in-law.  They ate the ENTIRE thing, just the two of them.  Okay, so my 3 year-old daughter and 2 year-old niece had some as well, but they couldn't have eaten that much.  So, I'm guessing it was pretty tasty.  It was extremely easy and quick to make, as well.  I served this with grapes.  Makes 4 servings.
Photo from kraftrecipes.com
You'll Need:
  • 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • 1 pkg. taco seasonings mix
  • 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed
  • 1 c. chunky salsa
  • 1 c. water
  • 4 flour tortillas (6-inch), cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
  • 1 c. Mexican-style finely shredded four cheese blend
  • 1/3 c. sour cream
  • 1 large green onion, chopped 
Preparation:
  1. Brown the meat in a large nonstick skillet on med-high heat; drain.
  2. Add the next 4 ingredients; stir.  Bring to a boil; simmer on med-low heat for 5 minutes.
  3. Stir in tortillas; top with cheese.  Remove from heat; cover.  Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.  Top with sour cream and onions.
Recipe and link:  http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/quick-fix-beef-burrito-skillet-105217.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment