Sunday, June 12, 2011

Week 13: Recipe #5--Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

This is yet another Kraft Foods recipe (see link below).  I found it in the magazine, but you can find it online as well.  My husband LOVES chicken caesar salads, and I like this recipe because the chicken is grilled.  I love to use the barbecue in the summer time.  Nothing smells like summer more than fresh cut grass and the barbecue.  I serve this with WATERMELON, because that is another one of my summer loves.  Makes 4 servings.
Photo from kraftrecipes.com

You'll Need:
  • 1/2 cup classic caesar dressing, divided (their recipe calls for Kraft--I used Newman's Own)
  • 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
  • 4 thick slices italian bread (this is if you only are planning to eat ONE slice of bread per person...I ususally prepare more than that...)
  • 1 clove garlic, peeled, cut in half  (again, you will need more garlic and olive oil if you are having more than one slice of bread)
  • 1 Tblsp. olive oil
  • 6 cups torn romaine lettuce (I just used a prepackaged bag)
  • 3 Tblsp. grated parmesan cheese
Preparation:
  1. Pour 2 tablespoons of dressing over chicken in resealable plastic bag.  Seal bag; turn to coat chicken with dressing.  Refrigerate 30 minutes to marinate.  (I let it marinate longer--while I was at work)
  2. Heat grill to medium heat.  Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.  Thread chicken onto 4 skewers.  Grill 6 to 8 minutes or until done, turning occasionally.  Add bread to grill; cook 1 minute on each side or until toasted on both sides.  Rub toast with garlic; brush with oil.
  3. Arrange toast and lettuce on platter; drizzle with remaining dressing.  Top with chicken skewers and cheese.
***They also suggest using ranch dressing if you're not a fan of caesar.

No comments:

Post a Comment