Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bonus: The BEST Parmesan Dip

Many people have been asking me for this recipe, so I will post it here.  I am not kidding you when I say this is the BEST.  I got this recipe from my mother-in-law a few years back, and I always make it when I have to bring something for a potluck.  It's always a hit!  The recipe I'm posting is doubled from the original my mother-in-law gave me, so you could half it, but why?  That would mean less spinach-parmesan goodness, and that's just not right.  I have served this with tortilla chips and/or veggies, but my favorite thing to serve it with is cut up tandoori naan bread.  Mmmmm..........

You'll Need:

  • 2 pkgs. (10 oz. each) frozen chopped spinach
  • 2 2/3 cups grated parmesan cheese (I use Kraft in the green container)
  • 1 large onion (this is in the original recipe, but when I double it, I don't double the onion...if halving the recipe, use 1/2 an onion)
  • 2 garlic cloves, chopped (I always use more because I LOVE garlic.  I always at least use 3, but any more than that is up to your personal preference)
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup mayonnaise (the original recipe called for one cup--when I double, I don't double the mayo...you could do up to 1/2 cup more if you'd like; any more and it gets too greasy)
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • paprika
Preparation:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Defrost and squeeze dry the spinach.  Mix together 2 1/3 cups of parmesan cheese, the chopped spinach, onion, garlic, cream cheese, and mayo.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  
  3. Place in a greased casserole dish and top with the remaining 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese, and sprinkle with paprika.  Bake until hot and bubbly (about 20 minutes).  Serve immediately.
***Freezes well, both before and after baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment