Friday, August 31, 2012

Week 39: Bonus Dessert!--Chocolate Crunch Brownies

These are by far my FAVORITE brownies.  I got this recipe when I was in college from my roommate, and make them only once in a blue moon.  They are very good, but can be very addicting.  I made them this week for a girls' night, so I thought I'd share the recipe here.  Makes 36 servings.  (They are extremely rich, so you can cut them pretty small).
Photo from www.tasteofhome.com
You'll Need:
  • 1 c. butter, softened
  • 2 c. sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 c. baking cocoa
  • 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme
  • 1 c. creamy peanut butter
  • 12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 3 c. rice krispies
Preparation:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a large bowl.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Then add the cocoa, flour, and salt.  Mix until well-blended.
  3. Spread into a greased 13 x 9 in. baking pan.  Bake for about 25-30 minutes.  Cool in pan on a wire rack.  When brownies are cool, spread marshmallow creme over the top of them.
  4. In a small saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.  Remove from heat and stir in the rice krispies.  Spread this mixture over top of the marshmallow.  Refrigerate until set and then cut into bars.
**I think these taste best cold, so I keep them refrigerated and serve them straight from the fridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment