Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Week 38: Bonus Side Dish #3--Cuban/Mexican Grilled Corn

This corn was AMAZING.  I've heard of this before and was always put off by the mayonnaise, but tonight I thought I'd give it a try.  So glad I did.  It's going to be hard to eat regular corn on the cob now.  I got this recipe from a site called The Ravenous Couple - Cooking Life Together (see link below).
Photo from theravenouscouple.com
You'll Need:
  • grated cotija cheese (can substitute queso fresco, Italian parmesan, or feta if you can't find it)
  • mayonnaise
  • ground cayenne chili powder
  • lime wedges
  • corn on the cob
Preparation:
  1. Peel of entire husk and place corn on the grill.  
  2. When corn is done, start by brushing on the mayonnaise.  Sprinkle desired amounts of cotija cheese and cayenne powder.  Finish with a squeeze of lime.  YUM!
Recipe and link:  http://www.theravenouscouple.com/2009/05/cubanmexican-grilled-corn.html

No comments:

Post a Comment