Saturday, September 15, 2012

Week 40: Recipe #1--Avocado Egg Salad

Mmmm...this egg salad was SO good!  Plus it was super easy to make.  We had a bunch of eggs and I wanted to use them up, so I hard boiled them.  I was going to make regular egg salad, and then I ran into this recipe.  It comes from a site called (Never) Homemaker (see link below).  Not sure I'll have regular egg salad again!  We had these in wraps, but I had some the next day over some romaine lettuce--great lunch!  This will definitely be a staple in our house.  I served these wraps with fresh fruit.  Makes 2-3 wraps, so I doubled it.
You'll Need:
  • 4 hard-boiled eggs
  • 1 large avocado, cubed
  • 2 Tbslp. mayonnaise or vegenaise (I used regular mayonnaise)
  • 1 tsp. curry or fenugreek powder (I used curry powder)
  • pinch of salt and pepper
Preparation:

Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mash together with a fork.  Adjust the salt/pepper/mayo to your tastes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment