Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Week 24: Recipe #2--No Bake Tuna-Noodle Casserole

I chose this recipe because it has few ingredients and is super easy to make.   I also found this one on the Better Homes and Gardens website (see link below).  The only thing I would do differently is try to hunt down the cucumber and dill semi-soft cheese.  It sounds like it'd go way better.  I couldn't find it at the store I happened to be at, so I settled for Garden Vegetable....it was okay, but I'm thinking I'd like the other one better.  I served this with a green salad and fruit.  Makees 4 servings.
Photo from Better Homes and Gardens website
You'll Need:
  • 8 oz. dried wagon wheel, macaroni, or medium shell macaroni (I used medium shell--easy for Violet to pick up and eat)
  • 1/4 to 1/2 c. milk
  • 1 container (6 1/2 oz.) light semi-soft cheese with cucumber and dill or garlic and herb
  • 1 can (12 1/4 oz.) can solid white tuna, drained and broken into chunks
  • salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation:
  1. Cook pasta in lightly salted water according to package directions.  Drain and return to pan.
  2. To the pasta add 1/4 cup of the milk and the cheese.  Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted and pasta is coated, adding additional milk as needed to make a creamy consistency.  Gently fold in tuna; heat through.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.  
Recipe and link:  http://www.bhg.com/recipe/pasta/no-bake-tuna-noodle-casserole/

No comments:

Post a Comment