Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Week 36: Recipe #1--Tater Tot Tacos

I am NOT a huge fan of tater tots, but my husband is, so this recipe was chosen for him.  I was highly skeptical of this before making it, but it actually turned out to be pretty good!  It is from the site Moms Who Think (see link below).  I followed the recipe exactly, and it was a hit with the husband and the kids.  I did leave the black olives off of my husband's and older daughter's plates though, as they don't care for them.  For me, I went light on the tots and heavier on the lettuce and meat.  I served these with fresh blueberries.  Makes 6 servings.
Photo from Moms Who Think
You'll Need:
  • 6 c. frozen tater tots
  • 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
  • 6 Tblsp. taco seasoning
  • 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
  • 3/4 c. sliced ripe black olives
  • 3 c. shredded lettuce
  • 6 Tblsp. taco sauce
  • 3/4 c. sour cream
Preparation:
  1. Bake tater tots according to package directions.
  2. While tater tots are baking, cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink.  Drain.
  3. Stir in taco seasoning.  Divide tater tots between serving plates or bowls.
  4. Top with taco mixture, taco sauce, cheese, olives, lettuce, sour cream.  
Recipe and link:  http://www.momswhothink.com/quick-and-easy-dinner-recipes/tater-tot-tacos.html

No comments:

Post a Comment