Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Week 34: Recipe #3--Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches

I found this recipe on a blog I follow called On Our Dinner Table.  They borrowed it from Six Sisters Stuff (see both links below).  I've never had a Philly Cheese Steak before, so I admit I have nothing to compare these to, but these were so good!  Easy to throw together, and the whole family loved them.  Plus, they cook in the crockpot, which means a great smelling house when you come home!  I served these with fruit.  Makes 4-6 sandwiches.
Photo from Six Sisters Stuff
You'll Need:
  • 1 1/2 lbs. beef round steak (I bought the kind already sliced for stir frying)
  • 1 green pepper, sliced thin
  • 1 med. onion, sliced thin
  • 1 can (14 oz.) beef broth
  • 1 envelope Italian dressing mix
  • 1 large loaf french bread, sliced into sandwich lengths (I used hoagie buns)
  • provolone cheese slices
Preparation:
  1. Cut steak into strips (if not buying it pre-cut).  Grease a slow-cooker and place meat inside.  Place pepper, onion, broth, and dressing mix on top.  Cook on low for 8 hours.
  2. Place provolone on top of hoagie buns.  Broil until melted.  Top with meat.
Recipe and links:  http://www.onourdinnertable.blogspot.com/2012/04/slow-cooker-philly-cheese-steak.html

No comments:

Post a Comment