Monday, May 7, 2012

Week 34: Recipe #1--Bacon, Pear, & Raspberry Grilled Cheese

These were tasty!  I love grilled cheese, and this was a flavor combination I hadn't yet tried.  My youngest devoured hers, and my 3 year-old liked it, too.  I found this on the Tasty Kitchen blog (see link below).  Being a grilled cheese sandwich, they were super easy to make, and not a lot of prep.  We'll definitely have these again.  I served these with fresh strawberries.  Makes 2 sandwiches.
Photo from the Tasty Kitchen blog
You'll Need:
  • 4 slices sturdy, grainy wheat bread
  • 3 Tblsp. raspberry preserves
  • 8 slices red pear, thinly sliced
  • 8 slices cooked bacon 
  • 4 slices muenster cheese
  • 1 Tblsp. butter
Preparation:
  1. Preheat griddle or panini press to medium-high heat.
  2. Assemble 2 sandwiches in this order:  bread, 1 1/2 tablespoon preserves, 4 slices pear, 4 slices bacon, 2 slices cheese, bread.
  3. Spread butter on the top and bottom of the sandwich and grill for 4-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and top is golden brown.
***Note from original recipe post:  My slices of bacon were pretty small and thin, which is why I used 4 on each sandwich.  I think 2 regular slices per sandwich would be plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment