Monday, May 16, 2011

Week 10: Recipe #1--Chicken Fajitas

Okay....so I took one week off.  It was my birthday AND Mother's Day--I deserve a break, right???  This recipe is one that my sister gave me.  She's made it for me many times, so I thought it was about time to try it on my own.  I have made fajitas before, but I like her recipe the best.  She usually serves this with rice and beans, along with chips, guacamole, and salsa.  DELICIOUS!!!

You'll Need:

  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut up into strips
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar 
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp. oregano
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1 red bell pepper, remove seeds and membranes, cut into strips
  • 1 green bell pepper, remove seeds and membranes, cut into strips
  • 1 onion, thickly sliced
Preparation:

  1. Marinade:  mix chicken, red wine vinegar, vegetable oil, oregano, chili powder, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper.  Marinate for 24 hours.
  2. Saute bell peppers and onion together with salt and pepper (to taste) until soft.  
  3. Add chicken in with juices.  Heat until chicken is cooked through.
  4. Serve in warmed flour tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment